Eretz Shalom Cemetery:
There is a Jewish Cemetery here in Taos, located on the Llano Mesa. Established in 1993, it is the only stand-alone Jewish Cemetery in New Mexico (not located within another cemetery). Cemetery plots are available for purchase, beginning at a very affordable $300 each (discounted in volume and to B’nai Shalom/TJC members), cremains and non-Jewish spouses accommodated. There is a certain peace of mind in owning a plot and having your burial plans known (the cemetery will confidentially keep your intentions on file). It is one very big thing your dear relatives and friends don’t have to deal with at the time of your passing. As well, there is a Chevre Kaddisha here in Taos, if those services are required.
The Friday afternoon at 5:00pm before the High Holidays and before Memorial Day, at the cemetery. Bring water, trash bag, work gloves. We often do Kaddish & Kiddush.
Taos Jewish Cemetery - Eretz Shalom
Driving directions to Glory Road and Cactus Flower Road (From Taos Plaza)
1. Head south on NM 68/Paseo del Pueblo Sur . . . . 5 mi
2. Turn right onto West Romero Road . . . 1.4 mi
3. Turn left to stay on W. Romero Rd . . . .1 mi
4. Take the 1st right onto Cactus Flower Rd . . . 1 mi Total: 6.7 mi - about 15 mins
5. The cemetery is on the northwest corner of Cactus Flower and Glory
Owned by our B'nai Shalom Havurah - the Jewish Cemetery is right here in Taos, NM. To learn more call Steve Natelson at 575-758-4844